Friday, June 6, 2008

Up Close and Personal with Moose




We woke up to a beautiful blue sky, so we hopped on our bikes and headed for the bike trail. We rode to Soldotna, then decided to take the full 21 mile loop back around to the RV Park and through Kenai. We were still in Soldotna when Denny said, “There’s your moose!" I looked up, and there was a moose, very close! I jumped off my bike and grabbed my camera. I startled the moose, who started for me, then turned around and went back to eating. I took a couple of pics, then looked for Denny. He had backed far away! I backed away, because Moose will charge. And I said, “Do you think we can ride by? Denny said, “Just don’t make any sudden moves!” I rode ahead, and after passing the moose, Denny yells, “Here he comes!” I thought he was kidding until I realized he had come toward Denny. The moose then took off across the street, stopping traffic. We saw two more moose in that same general area. We learned later that you want to stay far away from a moose. But here are my pics to prove it….

No comments: