Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Joy Comes On The Morrow- Or, Wish I Had Said This...




I read this today on John Piper's Desiring God Blog:

"Our ninth grandchild was born on Friday: Morrow John Piper. The day was filled with evidences of God's tenderness to us. So I ask with the psalmist, "What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me?" Read more

I don't remember being terribly contemplative with my own newborn children....probably if I was I have forgotten. Or, was I too exhausted to think? But in this stage of my life, I think quite a bit. I really want to use my retirement years to be involved with my grandchildren, but am not really sure how to best do that, especially the ones that do not live close to us. This very tender thought from John Piper challenged and encouraged me to be a praying grandparent.

No comments: